Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Butterfly, BLUE, Thank YOU!

I survived my husband’s first day back to work after our Christmas holiday together. My son and I spent most of our day in the kitchen cooking and baking things to freeze for the winter because WINTER has come to Ottawa brrrrrrr!

I did manage to squeeze in a little crafting as well while my son took his nap. This week’s Pals Paper Arts Challenge was a colour challenge. We were asked to design a project using Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy & Very Vanilla. I have to say I do like this colour combo and know a very special great grandmother of mine who will love this card!
I was in the mood to try a new technique and I came upon Reverse Spotlighting and thought I would give it a try. Never a dull moment when you have so many fabulous tutorials to inspire creativity at Split Coast Stampers J
My Challenge:
My Card:


Tiny Tips:

Reverse Spotlighting...

1. Stamp images in desired ink.

2. Punch random holes in stamped images (1-3/8" circle punch used in example).

3. Stamp and cut out the same image on pieces of coloured card stock.

4. Line up and mount images behind punched holes.

5. Trim overlaying images with scissors or paper cutter.

6. Mount images into place for completed project.


Thanks for stoppin’ by!

3 comments:

  1. Cool card! Looks like you're looking for butterflies during your cold weather to make you feel like spring. You did a good job too! Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those butterflies! Makes me wish for spring, but ***sigh*** winter is justing starting here in NL!!! Great card, I will have to check this technique out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card; love the reverse stamping technique

    ReplyDelete